- Reliable solids transport due to improved cutting technology
- External adjustable cutting mechanism
- Controllable oil chamber
- SiC mechanical seal independent of sense of rotation
- Moisture-sealed cable inlet with plug-in cable connection
- Installed motor protection
- 10% less energy consumption than MultiCut 25/2 M
- 20% less weight than MultiCut 25/2 M
- Impeller and replaceable wear plate made from Grivory (fibreglass reinforced plastic)
- Improved wear characteristics during cavitation
For more than a quarter century the MultiCut submersible sewage pump has been a success with its razor sharp cutting system.
Installed in more than 150,000 pumping stations, it pumps domestic waste water into the public sewer. The external and adjustable cutting system prevents uncuttable solids from entering into the pump interior. MultiCut pumps thus guarantee maximum operational reliability with excellent drainage characteristics.
The MultiCut 20/2 M plus meets the requirements of today's market. Resource-conserving materials such as plastic instead of grey cast iron for the impeller and the wear plate, less energy consumption and a lower weight help to offer a variety of advantages.
Optimized cutting system
The increasing use of wet wipes and other hygiene products has changed the composition of wastewater. For years, operators of pumping stations have repeatedly complained about failures and repairs of sewage pumps. This leads not only to discontent, but also to extremely high wastewater costs.
Due to these changes in wastewater, the cutting system of the MultiCut pumps consisting of cutting rotor and cutting plate has been optimized. The improved cutting technology combines two cutting methods.
- The cutting system with C-shaped cutting geometry achieves almost 200% more cuts/minute than previous versions.
- The Multicut external cutting system ensures maximum operating reliability with excellent conveying properties.
- Equipped with a cutting plate made of hardened stainless steel and a triangular blade, it shreds coarse impurities in the wastewater with more than 200,000 cuts per minute before they can enter the pump hydraulics.
- Solids that cannot be conveyed are already rejected by the cutting rotor outside the pump.
- Specially arranged grooves on the cutting plate provide additional safety, as the cutting unit permanently cleans itself during conveying.
Wet wipes flushed down the drains are often the cause of a major blockage in pumping stations. Why it is so, shows this explanatory video.